Sunday 13 May 2007

Word of the day

Today's word is timesink, courtesy of my fellow-blogger Kathryn Greenhill from Fremantle, who runs the wonderful library blogging site librariansmatter.com. Kathryn used the word in a post about twitter. So as well as learning a useful word - the world is full of timesinks, suddenly trapping us in some unexpected time-wasting disaster - I learned about twitter. I also learned about microliveblogging (Kathryn is a real fan of runtogethers). You can find out for yourselves about twitter (not my kind of thing), but I couldn't find a definition of microliveblogging, because Goggle has only one link - to Kathryn's blog. Is there a word for that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Give it a couple of days for the searchbots to hit your blog and there will be two links to "microliveblogging".

I believe Lewis Carroll called neologisms made up of "two meanings packed in one word" Portmanteau words.

A neologism with just one link? A "Unilinkedneolgism", of course. (Defined as "a germ of a viral word just waiting to spread from blog to blog")